Wednesday, August 15, 2001

Cameron Highlands Water Shortage?



The NST editor is talking about it to-day and the Minister of Science and Environment also talked about it in the press. This reminds me some years ago when our PM Dr Mahathir was very unhappy about a 'botak'( bald) hill in Selangor.I don't know how many botak hills are in Cameron Highlands.

My sympathy goes to my friends in JBA Pahang. What has gone wrong? We have EIA studies, laws and regulations etc, but how come we were informed that there are still developments and contructions not conducive to our environment. What happens to the concept of sustainable development?

No Sex for Want of Water!



In the Turkish village called Sirt, the villagers had suffered a few weeks of water shortage. The women folks are the ones who had to walk miles everyday for water supplies. It was reported that men are NOT allowed to have sex with their spouses until they get the water supply fixed! I hope this scenario is not going to happen to my friends up in the Hills of Cameron Highlands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home